Example of Lakh Indian Jewelry

Example of Lakh Indian Jewelry
Example of Lakh Indian Jewelry

Starfish Pendant

Starfish Pendant
Come see more like me!

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Karma is for Real - A Real Life Example

I know some people who would scoff at this, but it is true.  Last night on Facebook I came across the name of a former school mate whom I had treated very badly back in the day.  I thought she was nice; she was different and had problems - who didn't - but my group of friends pressured me to dump her.  I wasn't strong enough to stand up to them for whatever reason, and I did what they wanted.

I emailed her last night and apologized - because I wanted to.  I do feel horrid about what I did - I was a real witch to her.  She's had some problems since and I'm sure a fair portion of those issues are due to what I did to her 30 odd years ago. 

I've also had my share of issues and I don't think of them as payback for what I did.  I see them as a reminder of how cruelty hurts everyone involved.  This is sort of a divine message that illustrated how actions do effect others, etc.  I think once you are really able to see how your actions hurt and/or helped another it really opens your eyes and you are able to learn from it and hopefully become a better person for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment