Example of Lakh Indian Jewelry

Example of Lakh Indian Jewelry
Example of Lakh Indian Jewelry

Starfish Pendant

Starfish Pendant
Come see more like me!

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Friendship

Today the subject is a bit different.  I found out that a friend is seriously ill and it made me realize that my problems were nothing in comparison.

In today's electronic world many of us make friends online.  We most likely will never meet most of these friends face-to-face, yet they are still friends that we value.  I guess because there is physical distance between us it is easier to forget the value of the relationship.  It's also very possible that you may not know all that is going on in that other person's life for whatever reason.

I have such a friend who lives in Texas.  She's listened to me spout off about all my problems and she's never asked much in return.  I know she has given me far more than I've been able to give her.  Now that I know just how seriously ill she is I have a lot of regrets.  Why didn't I make more of an effort to keep in touch?

I've been given a chance to say what I should have said a long time ago and I intend to do just that.

I guess my point here is to never take another person for granted.  If someone is important to you make sure they know this, every day.  Check up on them.  Offer to listen to them if they need to chat.  Don't assume everything is fine just because you don't hear from them for awhile.

A good friend is a gift to be cherished.  Cherish all of yours, please.

No comments:

Post a Comment